Saturday, June 16, 2007

HyVee Triathlon

Well the day has come just hours away to the start of the HyVee Triathlon. The nerves are kicking in. The biggest triathlon in the US! Maybe that has something to do with it?
After training very hard for almost a year just for this event I hope and pray that it goes well.
I have really become addicted to the multi sport racing events since doing the DesMoines Dirty Dualathlon last season. So far this season I have done off road dual athlons in Kansas and Iowa and ran at the Dam to Dam event.
The HyVee Triathlon is my main objective this year, but once it has past I will resume a few IMBCS mountain bike races and of course a few more triathlons. I have to at least make it to a few BMX races this season to. I Love racing BMX!
Also we are hosting a IMBCS Mountain Bike Race at Oleson Park in Fort Dodge, Iowa. Looking very forward to this event.
In 2008 River City Promotions will be hosting an off road Dualathlon in Fort Dodge, Iowa. This event is in the early planning stages but is coming along.

Well time to load the car, wish me well this Sunday at the HyVee Tri.
Matthew J. Byrne

No comments: