Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sunday Trail Work

All has went as planned. The Oleson Park trail south of the Band Shell is complete. Weeded, trees trimmed and downed trees cut and moved. The far south section loop which I built quite a few years back is becoming a small obstacle course, with five small log obstacles. But most of them will have an optional route around for hikers and beginner cyclist. I also added about a 1000 feet to one area due to Parks and Rec backfilling an area will tree waste. Worked out very well.
also in the near future we will be installing a trail marking system in the park. With all the service roads it gets hard to navigate the course if your new to the area.
I also did ride the course when finished and I can say it's a lot of fun. Even though I have been dealing with heat exhaustion from yesterdays trail work and trail run.

Matt

No comments: